Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur places full attention in spreading the waves of ambitions of Indian Red Cross Society(IRCS). Accordingly, it establishes unique unit named Youth Red Cross (YRC) to provide ample opportunities to the young people i.e. students to feel empowered to take all humanitarian actions, energy ideas and innovations to this noble agenda. Further, to enjoy sense of mutual respect, young people bring needed ideas and skills for all form of humanitarian activities.
Jurisdiction and Aim of UYRC
University Youth Red Cross shall have jurisdiction as I.G. University, Meerpur shall have time to time or in accordance of directions of Indian Red Cross Society, Haryana State Branch or the case may be.
In accordance to fundamental principles of Red Cross- Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality, YRC shall act as per guidelines of Indian Red Cross Society, Delhi and Haryana State Branch. Moreover, its main purpose is to initiate and ignite young minds for promoting humanitarian principles and values, health and care activities and programmes/events related disaster management etc. It shall also work for eradication of social evils.
Who can join UYRC?
As per Indian Red Cross Society, students of the university and affiliated colleges/institutions may join YRC. There shall be different units of boys and girls as per the strength of volunteers. The counselor(s) Teacher incharge(s) will be appointed to coordinate the activities of their respective units.
Activities/Events of YRC
To conduct/organize camps, campaigns, rallies, training, workshops, seminars, exhibitions, tours/trips, extension lectures of volunteers regarding:
- Promotion of Health and Hygiene, Social Welfare, Protection of Environment and Disaster Preparedness etc.;
- Blood Donation;
- First Aid and Minimization/Prevention of Human Suffering;
- Awareness of HIV and AIDS;
- Inculcation of Healthy Living Habits;
- Awareness of Road Safety and Traffic Sense;
- Promotion of National and International Friendship and Understanding;
- Aware people about role and responsibilities of Red Cross and encourage them to contribute for the same;
- Interaction with Differently Abled Persons;
- Observe Important Days prescribed by Indian Red Cross Society or Indian Red Cross Society Haryana State Branch from time to time and
- Any activity corresponding to fulfillment of objectives of IRCS/IRCS Haryana State Branch/UYRC.
YRC will issue certificates to volunteers on account of their participation. In addition to these, University YRC, IGU Meerpur will award merit certificates to volunteers of UTDs and Colleges as per guidelines of IRCS, Haryana State Branch from time to time/ Rules of YRC IGU Meerpur.
- Awareness program about Novel Coronavirus
- Detail of Participants for State level NSS Camp at CRSU Jind
- Awareness program on World Cancer Day
- Scheme and Guideline of YRC
- Notice Regarding change in Venue (Kurukshetra) and Date (6th-11th January 2020) state level YRC training camp for boys
- Information BulletIn and Registration form of State Level YRC training camp for boys From 3rd to 8th January 2020
- Notice Regarding World AIDS Day Awareness Rally / Programme
- Notice Regarding State Level YRC Camp For Girls During from 1-6 November 2019 At Haridwar
- Notice Regarding Nomination of Youth delegate for the IFRC Youth Commission Election -reg
- Notice Regarding Enrollment Of YRC Volunteers(Extended Date)
- Notice Regarding Celebration of National Voluntary Blood Donation Day On 1 st October2019
- Invitation For Sensitization Programme For Health and Hygiene For Safai Karamchari On 2nd October 2019
- Notice Regarding Sensitization Programme For Health and Hygiene For Safai Karamchari On 2nd October 2019
- Notice Regarding YRC activities
- Notice Regarding Youth Red Cross (YRC)