Lisining Officer: Prof. Tej Singh
Contact No: 9416372012
The constitution of SC/ST Cell Cell is as follows:
- Prof. Tej Singh 9416372012
- Dr. Balkar Singh 9466920466
- Dr. Satish Kumar 9812491644
- Dr. Deepak Gupta 9255405507
The Mandate of SC/ST Cell is to ensure, protect and promote the interest of person belonging to SC and ST Category.
- To inform/assistthem to avail various scholarship provided by the Government.
- Tosensitive the university community towards specific needs of the SC/ST person.
- To formulateand execute policies for the capability development of SC/ST person like basic computer skills and remedial language classes.
- To make availablevarious laws and regulations related to welfare scheme and mechanism for SC/ST person.
Activities of the SC/STCell
Women/ Sexual Harassment Cell
Sexual Harassment Act 2013
The women cell is established in the university as per the direction issued by the Supreme Court and MHRD to provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women employees including teaching, non-teaching. Women are always treated as receiving end in the society. In every sphere of life they are denied for their social, cultural, economic, legal, political and religious rights.. University being a knowledge hub has responsibility of social sensitivity and awareness on its shoulders.
The Cell has following objectives (although the list is not exhaustive) –
- To provide empathetic counseling environment for psychological empowerment to students and local women about their problems which they cannot share easily.
- To analyze underlying causes through research to women discrimination and to generate awareness.
- To development gender sensitive curriculum according to regional and national demands.
- The forms of various government schemes for the welfare of women and girl child will be available free of cost and members will help to fill those forms.
- To combine knowledge and practice by facilitating discussion of the latest in analysis and approaches to women’s equality from both academic and community-based participants, from a rich variety of perspectives – by creative construction of women’s experiences.
To sensitize the women students of University and society about their individual growth like nutrition, health, hygiene and sanitation.
constitution of Women/ Sexual Harassment Cell is as follows:
- Prof. Manju Pruthi (Convener) 9416237281
- Dr. Romika Batra 9810125130
- Dr. Sonu Madan 8685911117
HR &Development Cell/Career Counseling, Training and Placement Cell
With the aim of ensuring the quality education and getting students placed in reputed organizations/institutes/NGOs Indira Gandhi University Meerpur with it’s imbibe focuson the multidisciplinary approach strives hard for the development of overall personality of the students. With the objective to equip the students with all kind of employ ability skills so that they can be absorbed in the global job-market, a Career Counseling, HR & Development Cell/Career Counseling, Training and Placement Cell has been constituted in the University.
Prof. Tej Singh Convener,
Prof. Manju Pruthi
Dr. Satish Kumar
Dr. Deepak Gupta
Dr. Vijay Hooda
Dr. Vikas Batra
Dr. Seema Mehlawat
The objectives of the cell are as follows:
To prepare the students for successful performance in various competitive exams.
To organize programmed for personality development and communication skills.
To organize various activities for opportunity creation and skill development for students
The cell aims to facilitate students in the matter of job and employment opportunities as well as to add values in the employable skills and knowledge which can be imparted to the students as per the requirement of the ongoing programs in the university.