- About Us
- Programs Offered
- Research Area
- Research Group
- Research Papers
About the Department
The Department of Environmental Sciences was established in the year 2017 and is now running PG courses (M. Sc. EVS) and doctorate in Environmental Sciences.
The academic program of the department has been periodically reviewed, revised, and updated, keeping in mind the need for sharper focusing, the available expertise at any given time, and the changes desired in the curriculum of individual courses or specific programs.
The Department has diversified interest in the various latest field of environmental sciences viz. Biobattery, Conversion of Waste into Wealth, Biofuels, Bioremediation, Environmental Pollution, Water Treatment, and Development of Handheld Diagnosis Devices for pollutant monitoring, etc. The department is actively involved in research. linkages between Biotechnology and Biological Sciences give an additional dimension to department interest, making the work relevant.
Therefore, the curriculum has components of interdisciplinary areas such as Physical Sciences, Environmental Biotechnology, Environmental Biology, Nanotechnology, and Environmental Monitoring and Management.
|Name and CV||Designation||Research Area|
|Dr. Suman CV||Associate Professor & Chairperson||Environmental Sensors, Biosensors, Bio-nanotechnology, Waste -water treatment, Conversion of environmental waste to wealth, Enzymology, Device fabrication and Innovative Research technologies for Societal email@example.com|
|Program||Duration||Intake||Eligibility||Mode of Admission|
|M.Sc.(EVS) CBCS||2 Years||30+5||B.Sc. (Hons. or Pass) in any discipline of science or technology with 50% marks aggregate or any other examination recognized by state universities of Haryana as equivalent there to||Entrance Test|
|Ph. D (EVS)|
Research Area :
- Environmental Sensors & Biosensors
- Hand-held devices fabrication for on-the-spot monitoring of water pollutants
- Conversion of waste to wealth
- Waste Water Treatment
- Nanotechnology: - Preparation & Characterization and Application of Nanoparticle
- Herbal Nano Preparation and Biomedical uses of hydrogel
Device Fabrication and Innovative Research Technologies for Societal use
Research Lab Facilities :
- UV- visible spectrophotometer: Shimazu
- Eutech pH meter
- BOD incubators
- Laminar flow
- Orbital shaker
- Deep freezer
- Gel electrophoresis system
Events Organized :
- Celebrated World Ozone Day from 14th to 15th September 2017 with the theme “Caring for all life under the sun”
- Environment Awareness Week (Program) with the theme “Clean Campus Green Campus” from 20th to 24th November 2017.
- World Ozone Day Celebration on 16th September 2018.
- National webinar on the occasion of Earth Day on 22, April 2021.
- National Pollution Prevention Day on 2 December 2022.
- Faculty of Life Sciences, Indira Gandhi University, Rewari, and Haryana State Biodiversity Board (HSBB) jointly organized “Environment and Biodiversity Conservation Week” from 7-9 June 2022 at Indira Gandhi, University, Meerpur, Rewari.
- Eco-Warrior Club has organized National Pollution Prevention Day on 2nd December 2021
- Eco-Warrior Club has organized Earth Day on 22.04.2022
- Department of Environmental Sciences has signed the MoU with Exigo Recycling Pvt. Ltd., Panipat on 07.06.2022